Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

We read a book this week called I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie by Alison Jackson (a very funny book!) The old lady ate SO much food on Thanksgiving, she turned into a parade balloon at the end. Most of the kids didn't know what the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade was, so I made a little video to show them. They absolutely love it!

When I was a little girl, my mother would let me watch the parade as she cooked our Thanksgiving feast. I remember the smell of the turkey roasting and the bustle in the kitchen as I watched the colorful balloons and waited for Santa. So if you want to keep your kids busy, or just have some free time on Thursday morning, definitely tune in for the fun.
The parade will be on NBC at 9 am! And here's our little video...


No comments:

Post a Comment